Monday, April 25, 2011

An eerie surprise

When I was younger I had an obsession with smilie faces. I had smilie face pencils, smilie face notebooks, and drew smilie faces over everything I owned. I also tried to pass on my love of smilie faces to other people. So one christmas I managed to find an (in my opinion) awesome pair of boxers for my dad. They looked a little something like this:


My dad, being the more boxer-briefs type, graciously accepted the gift and never wore it. Didn't even take the tags off. So years later, when I started wearing boxers in the summer as pajamas, the boxers got returned to me.

I've worn these boxers many times since then and never noticed anything untoward. Last night though, I woke up in the middle of the night for no good reason. I was warm, so I'd kicked off all of the covers. I rolled over, stretched a bit, looked down, and my crotch was glowing. Glowing. I didn't have my contacts in, so I couldn't clearly see what was going on down there. At first I thought there was a light shining from somewhere, but after a while of blindly searching (literally) I couldn't see anything that could be the source. Then I rolled over, and the glowing rolled with me. Finally I reached down and stretched out the boxers, and there smiling back at me was a glow-in-the-dark smilie face.

I'm sure I've been wearing these off and on for years, and this is the first time I've noticed this. Needless to say, it would have been nice to realize this when I was a little more awake and not in that state when you first wake up where the thought that you got spat on by a ghost in your sleep crosses your mind. Or maybe that's just me.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, at least the face had a glow and not a nose, right?

    *apologizes for the dirty joke*

    I will now go hide somewhere.

    ReplyDelete